Hyper-v Switch Extensions are software packages created by Microsoft partners to extend the functionality of Hyper-v switch. Developed by InMon, sFlow is the leading, multi-vendor, standard for monitoring high-speed switched and routed networks. Sflow hyper-v Switch extension is monitoring solution that extend hyper-v switch traffic monitoring. The Sflow agent is free product that downloadable from inmon web site http://www.inmon.com . The agent is installed on Hyper-v hosts. sFlowTrend™ is a free, graphical network and server monitoring tool. sFlowTrend makes use of the popular sFlow® standard to generate real-time displays of the top users and applications making use of network bandwidth. SflowTrend is built using Java and require Java VM to run.
Install Inmon Hyper-v switch Extensions:
1. Install Java
2. Download and install Inmon Agent Double Click the hsflowd-win-1.22.2-x64 windows installation package file to install Slfow Switch extension
3. In the welcome to the sflow agent setup Wizard click Next
4. Accept the Sflow License Agreement and click next
5. Click next to accept the default installation folder location
6. Deselect the Configure using DNS-SD check box option and click Next
7. In the ready to install screen click install button.
8. The progress installation screen will appear and after installation is completed click Finish.
Enable Sflow Hyper-v Switch Extensions:
1. Lunch Hyper-v Manager console
2. From the action panel click the Virtual Network Manager
3. Select the External Switch from list of switches
4. Expand the Extensions node under Switch name
5. From Switch Extensions list , Enable the Sflow traffic monitoring Switch Extensions
6. Click OK, then Click yes to confirm the enable action.
Install SflowTrend Console
1. Download SflowTrend
2. Double Click the sFlowTrend.jnlp Java(TM) Web Start Launcher which will download Sflow Trend application
3. In Confirm run application click yes to run Sflow trend
4. The Sflowtrend console will open , keep it running and check the console of time to time , to check VMs traffic information