In Part1 post we have created and configured all the components needed to deploy incentive web Application as service using System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 . Now we will start Creating Service Templates using the VMM 2012 Service Template Designer. We will build a two Tier Application Service template using what we have created in the part1 blog.
1.In SCVMM Library Panel , under templates , Right Click services Template , select create Services template and name it “Incentive Service Template” and release 1.0 , select the Two tier Application pattern Icon ,and click OK.
2. In the designer screen Drag Your SQL Machine template on to the First tier Place Holder , and the Windows Web Server template on to the second tier Place Holder
3. In the lower panel you can modify the information about the service template or machine tier information (Name , Can Scale out , deployment order, etc.) , Click Save and Validate.
4. Double click on the SQL Template tier , in the VM properties , select OS configuration , in The Computer Identity type computer name : ISQL01 , check your domain name , and account Join Configuration
Click Application configuration , from the Application Profile list select the : incentive DAC Package Profile , double check the profile settings.
Click Add –> Script.
Note: This is a Per-install script that will install the Microsoft SQL Data-Tier Application (DAC) Package Framework on your SQL Server before deploying the incentive DAC Package , This is only need if you have not installed the Microsoft SQL Data-Tier Application (DAC) framework into your SQL Syspreped machine before syspreping it.
Script command type: Preinstall
Executable Program: cmd.exe
Parameters: /q /c installSQLDac.cmd
script resource package: SQLDACpackage.cr
Run as Account : Account with Administrative privilege
Note: The patch file name installsqldac.cmd exists the DAC package resource folder that you have created from part 1
Select the SQL Server Configuration , and select the SQL Server Profile you have created in the pervious steps, check your settings and click OK.
5. in the service template designer Double click on the Web Template tier , in the VM properties , select OS configuration , in The Computer Identity type computer name : IWEB01 , check your domain name , and account Join Configuration .
Under Roles and features: Select the IIS component to Run your application
under features select to install the .Net framework 3.51
6.Click Application configuration , from the Application Profile list select the : incentive web Package Profile , double check the profile settings –>click ok
Note:Double Check your SQL Connection String for the SQL Server name , Database name , user name and Password
7. In SCVMM Ribbon , click Configure Deployment , type a Name for you deployment and the destination host Group then click Ok.
8. In the deploy service Screen check your VM names and the hosts names that will be used to deploy the service.
9. If your Environment is using VLAN assignment like mine , its now time to Assign machines to VLANS
10. Select the SQL VM then Click View All Properties
11. Select Network Adapter , from The address Pool , select the Address Pool to be used for static IP address assignment to VM, repeat the Same Thing for your web Server , if both machine Should be in Same VLAN or select a different VLAN .
Click Deploy Services from SCVMM Ribbon , Then click deploy .
prepare yourself a cup of coffee .. and Wait from 20 to 30 minutes depending on your Network infrastructure capabilities.
Once Deployment is finished successfully,Open Internet Explorer type in http://iweb01/incentive the web site Should open and you can start configuring it and test your Ability to create Posts.
Note: You need to register with incentivecorp for license key
My post as Incentive WIKI page.
Have Fun ……. With System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012